facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Monday, February 21, 2011

Vampire Assembly started

This week-end, I started the assembly of my Vampire F3F. I began with the fuselage and the elevator servos installation. using the DS95, I saves 1.5 to 2 cm of length on the servos tray, so my R8 Jeti receiver has plenty of space now.






I mounted the power switch behind the servos, like on my Freetyler. I found it very convenient. When you land, you open partially the nose cone and switch off easily with one finger, without having to move upside down the plane.

The elevator pushrods are terminated by a M2 threaded Rod, glued inside the carbon tube over 10cm, and a 2MM flight line ball link. No Slope at all.

By Curiosity, I also powered the DS95 servos, and was amazed by the speed, and accuracy. Here is a small video showing the speed:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...