facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Monday, December 30, 2013

bye bye 2013 !

With 2013 ending in about 24 hours, it is time to have a quick look at a past season. I have to say that it has been a good season, both in term of flying time and F3F results. I was lucky to try new spots in Ardèche, one becoming the next national championship slope. I had lot of super flying sessions in excellent conditions in the alps, despite spring has been rainy and cold. Summer has been much better, with good wind. On the F3F side, I'm satisfied with my results: I started with a second place at La Muela Eurotour (Spain), followed few weeks later with a second place at the Pyrénees cup Eurotour near toulouse. As I didn't do a third eurotour contest, I'm not well placed at the final eurotour ranking, but it doesn't matter as it was not the priority. End of august, I retrieved my title of national F3F champion, after letting it go for 3 years to my national team mates (Alexis, Andreas, Matthieu). I also won the french league at the last contest of the season. Last but no least, I also ended at the first place of the national team selection for the next F3F world championship in Slovakia.


Best Of 2013 from Pierre Rondel on Vimeo.


I want to thank my 2 sponsors MKS and JR Propo who supported me again this year. The DMSS system worked flawlessly since I adopted it 2 years ago using the XG8 and XG11 transmitters, and the tiny RG631L an RG831 receivers. Moving progressively to HV (Life 2S), I now use the MKS servos with the SBEC in front and it works perfectly. After 2 intensive seasons with my Pikes Precision, the DS6125 Glider and Mini are still very tight, and didn't get any slop, I'm impressed ! When you do competition, it is crucial to have a total trust in your equipment and focus on your piloting. This if the case for me with the combination of MKS servos and DMSS transmitter. Next year will be the opportunity to test the new brushless wing servo HBL6625 that have just been released.

2013 is over, welcome to 2014 !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...